Working With an Oral Surgeon

Our practice firmly believes that the dental implant should be placed by a board-certified oral surgeon and then restored by either Dr. Kevin or Wendy Brafman. Many general dentists now placed dental implants in their offices, however, the opinion of our doctors is that an oral surgeon should place the dental implants, and then we will restore the dentition of function.

When you come to our office for a consultation we will suggest a surgeon for you to work with for your case.

What is an Oral Surgeon?

Technically titled an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, these doctors are specialists that have received 4-6 extra years of schooling in a hospital-based residency program in order to treat problems relating to the hard and soft tissues of the face, mouth, and jaws.

Oral surgeons perform tooth extractions, dental implants, orthognathic surgery (corrective jaw surgery), treat facial trauma, alleviate problems associated with TMJ and remove complete tumors.